Hi, I'm Grant Bledsoe
Thanks for checking out my blog
I'm a financial planner & the founder of Three Oaks Capital Management. I started this blog to help people make better financial decisions in a more informal & fun way.
On this site you'll find posts, interviews, videos, and other information on various financial topics. Much of the content will relate specifically to small business owners, doctors, and lawyers, since that's who I predominantly work with.
If you have suggestions on how to improve the blog, or what topics you'd like to see more of, please let me know!
I'm always looking for feedback, and would love to know what you find interesting.
• I was born and raised in Anchorage Alaska
• I'm a baseball junkie, and an avid fan of the Seattle Mariners
• Whenever I can find free time, you'll find me noodling on a guitar, hiking, or downhill skiing
• I attended college and business school at Ithaca College in upstate New York
• After grad school I moved to Denver, CO, and worked for Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. in their securities lending group
• The company relocated me to its headquarters in San Francisco in 2009
• In 2010 I met my future wife Megan, and we were married in 2013
• In 2014 we moved to Portland, OR and I opened Three Oaks Capital Management
• In 2016 our son Ben was born
• In 2017 we decided to move closer to family, and relocated to Sacramento, CA where I opened Three Oaks Capital's second office
I was pretty sure from a young age that I wanted to start a business. My dad was an attorney, and started a successful law firm in Anchorage. My grandfather was a dentist, and then ran a dry cleaning business once he retired. Entrepreneurship is something I've always been around and drawn to.
It took me a while to narrow my focus though. After studying economics & finance throughout college and grad school, I set out for a job where I could soak in as much as I possibly could about the financial markets. After interviewing around for a month or two I was offered a great job at Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. in Denver, Colorado.
Schwab put me on a tremendous team of people, where I had the opportunity to learn a great deal about financial planning, investing, and the financial system. My time there could not have been a better learning experience.
After working in the rat race for several years, I tried to reassess what I wanted to do longer term in my career and life. I realized I wanted to spend my career helping people more directly, and that the best path to deliver genuine and unbiased advice was to start an independent, fee-only firm.
So in 2014, I resigned and opened Three Oaks Capital Management. Today, I help people make smart financial decisions and manage money for them.
Everyone has a different idea of what a perfect life looks like. I get to help my clients pursue theirs and free them from worrying about their finances.